Propstop is a new way to sell or let property yourself without the need to employ an agent. The company was founded early in 2011 by Wendy Allen-James following her experiences working within the conventional property sales and letting sectors. It provides vendors and landlords with a platform to market their property online themselves, therefore saving on agency fees.
James has since joined forces with Peter Nickless, an experienced property expert. Through professional and personal experience they also identified the need for an alternative means for people to successfully market property themselves. With the level of technology now available to virtually everyone, Propstop aims to create a viable, affordable platform that mixes the benefits of latest technology and the internet with traditional methods. We aim to challenge the conventional agent route for marketing property and present people with a legitimate alternative. Using an agent to market property had become the accepted way of doing things, yet a large number of people are not happy with the level of service they receive. People are also beginning to question the level of fees agents charge, which on average is 1.5% of the property value to sell or one month’s rent to let. We have also become aware of the increasing number of private vendors and landlords who are trying to sell or let properties themselves, but with no real medium to do so.
The fact that over 90% of potential buyers and tenants now start their property search online speaks volumes. We believe selling or letting your property with Propstop is the future. The number of people logging onto Propstop is increasing daily and we have already sold and let numerous properties, saving people thousands of pounds along the way. Propstop is becoming an established stop off for people looking to move house and find a new home. Sign up now and become part of the property revolution!
- "Thank you to both Wendy and James who helped me no end in letting my property in London, don’t worry, I will be spreading the word." – Roger, London.
- "I rented out my house with Propstop very quickly, thanks for the help!" - Ms Newton, Leicester.
- "I usually advertise my house’s for rent in the local paper but thought I would give Propstop a chance after speaking to James. I let my property within a week and will definitely use them again in the future." - Terry, Wellington.
- "I sold my Property through Propstop and saved close to £3,000 in agency fees. Using Propstop really does work and I can’t recommend them enough, I’ll never use an agent again." – Tony, Shrewsbury.
- "We sold our home with Propstop as they seemed to offer a very competitive package, they had a stunning sale sign erected in a day and a half and we didn’t look back from there, saved me ££££’s Thanks very much." – Sharon Mullen
- "I decided to rent out my house using Propstop instead of using a letting agent. I let it within 10 days, very happy and will use again." - James, Shrewsbury
- “I recently bought a house via Propstop. I was viewing other properties in the area and saw the house that had a Propstop for sale sign. It had a website address on it, which I then viewed. I found the site very informative and was very impressed by the video footage of the house. It gave a great perspective of the house and a clearer visual on all the rooms, far better than any normal estate agents who only show a selection of photos. Consequently I arranged a viewing of the house and made an acceptable offer on the property. I found the staff very friendly and helpful on the phone and in person. I have asked them to keep me informed of other houses coming on to the market with themselves and I would not hesitate to use them again.” - Mrs Gunn, PDK Developments LLP.
- "I advertised my rental on Propstop.co.uk and in the first weekend had 6 viewings. Saved me time, aggravation and money, cheers." - Mr Walker, Harlescott.
- "I let my property with Propstop. I shall most certainly use Propstop again when another one of my properties becomes available. Thank you for all your help." - Margaret Phillips, Telford
- "Great news, I let my house within a week to the first person that came to view. Thanks Propstop" - Ms Hussain, Telford
Meet The Directors
Peter has 35 years of experience in construction project management, primarily in the retail and leisure sector. He also brings a wealth of knowledge in the field of residential property development.
Wendy has a wealth of experience in the Property market spanning over 22 years. Working for developers, estate agents and letting agents both at the ground level and also in management roles has enabled Wendy to develop her comprehensive knowledge of every aspect of the industry.